Students interested in obtaining a master's in Exercise Science or doctorate in Health, Sport and Exercise Science at the University of Arkansas need to follow these steps:
1. Apply for admission to the University of Arkansas Graduate School.
2. Prospective Ph.D. students need to contact an Exercise Science faculty member in which they are interested in conducting research with for their Ph.D. Final acceptance to the Ph.D. program is contingent on having a faculty mentor.
3. We offer departmental, college and university graduate assistantships/scholarships. Prospective students should indicate on their application their desire for assistantships. Information about University-level assistance is located here.
For more information, email the program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concentration in Exercise Science prepares students with the advanced knowledge and skills needed to become American College of Sports Medicine certified fitness directors.Concentration in Adapted Movement Science prepares students to work in either hospital or clinical environments with people who have disabilities.
The Ph.D. program in the Department of Health, Human Performance and Recreation is a research-focused degree that is designed to prepare scholars in advanced study to contribute to the field through teaching, research, and service. The department comprises four divisions and offers the Ph.D. degree with a concentration in each corresponding program area:
- Exercise Science
- Health Behavior & Health Promotion
- Recreation and Sport Management