Sign up for Fitness for Fun
Fitness for Fun is a community-based fitness program designed to assist individuals in developing healthier lifestyles through education and a structured exercise routine. Although the program is designed for the adult exerciser, student trainers are well prepared for exercisers of all ages 18+.
Participants receive a comprehensive fitness assessment, a personalized exercise prescription and a semester of personal training. Follow-up assessments at the program's conclusion allow participants to chart their progress and develop future exercise strategies to fit their areas of interest.
The goal of this program is to teach our participants to enjoy exercise and how to maintain/improve health through physical activity.
- 1-on-1 personal training for a semester
- 1 hour sessions, 2-4 times per week
- Access to UREC Facilities — 1 semester
- Final comprehensive exercise program
- Pre- and Post-Fitness assessment with personalized fitness program
Pre- and Post-Fitness Assessment
- Maximal Graded Exercise Test
- Resting and Exercise EKG
- Body Composition Assessment
- Blood Analysis (Cholesterol, Triglycerides, Glucose)
- Strength and Flexibility Tests
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the dates for each semester?
- Fall: September-December
- Spring: January-April
- Summer: May-August
Are they one-on-one or group training?
How many sessions per week?
3 sessions per week, 1 hour each
When will the sessions take place?
Your trainer will work around your schedule.
How much does it cost?
- Full-time University of Arkansas students — $215
- Faculty/staff/community member — $235
- Full-time University of Arkansas students — $160
- Faculty/staff/community member — $160
Do you have to participate in both the pre- and post- assessment?
Both pre- and post-fitness assessments are encouraged but optional.
Where can we train/exercise?
Donna Axum Fitness Center, or anywhere else on campus!
Is the HPER membership included with the FFF Program price?
Yes, for the semester that you are enrolled